REBUILDING THE CABIN FLOOR – PART 3

During 2016 I didn’t achieve nearly as much on the boat as I originally envisioned. Nevertheless, I did finish the new beams for the cabin floor.   I replaced three of the old beams  using laminated Meranti and thickened epoxy. To add further strength I glassed over all the beams. To finish the bilge, Michelle and I painted three coats of Danboline for a nice white finish.

The cabin floor itself was cut from Okume marine ply, all I have to do now is cut the floor hatches and make the covers. I think I will paint the floor white using Danboline and varnish the hatch covers.

Once I have completed the cabin floor I can start on other projects which include painting some of the interior, making new cushions for the berths and rewiring the DC panel. To all my followers, thanks for the support! I hope to write a lot more this year!

dsc_0232

dsc_0447

dsc_0613

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s